Pultrusions for agriculture
Many components originally made from steel, PVC, or timber are today being replaced with GFRP composites.
The invention of the original fiberglass fencepost by Pultron founder, Peter Holdsworth in 1982 was the start of a long history of innovation using pultrusion technology. Many components that were made with steel, PVC, or timber are today being replaced with GFRP composites.
Pultrusion advantages suited to agriculture
- Highly chemical resistant
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Highly durable.
We designed in features including UV coating technology for outdoor use, high flex, and fatigue resistance to ensure less need for maintenance due to equipment breakage. Innovations in this sector include:
- Grape harvesting rods designed to operate at 400-500+ rpm under constant flexural and fatigue strain in extreme temperatures.
- A Drive-over fencing component that has of 40-year life-cycle with average use.
- Mateenbar™ non-metallic GFRP rebar is corrosion-free and highly chemical resistant. This makes it ideal for silos, washdowns, and effluent equipment.